#1 External Links Failing by Proculopsis 04.08.2012 17:34

Extrernal links are preprocessed via redirection through www.smartredirect.de which is fine but this site is blacklisted by http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm which is used by thousands/millions of users concerned about malware.

Is there a way to disable this feature or nominate an alternative form of redirection, as currently the system does not function correctly?

#2 RE: External Links Failing by Ingmar 06.08.2012 10:20

Hi Proculopsis.

As far as I can see, the reason why the site is "blacklisted" seems to be simply that it is a know advertisment hub. There is no mention of it containing malware pr any other harmful content.

We can only provide our free forums to you and others by financing this service via ad-placements. We cannot give technical support on how to avoid seeing these ads (other than upgrading to an ad-free forum of course ).

#3 RE: External Links Failing by Proculopsis 07.08.2012 16:27

Hmm, it's a shame that the forum should fail for a significant proportion of users but I do understand that it's proper for you to be funded for providing free forum services.

Would it be possible to substitute 176.34.108.113 for www.smartredirect.de which would solve the problem for everyone?

smartredirect can easily be circumvented but I would not dare publish the solution.

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor