Voltman
Date registered
Sex
not specified
Ratings
Rating overview:
ThankYou1
show details
    • Voltman has written a new post "Unable To Attach Images To Posts." 07.01.2018

Hello,

Could you please fix the error with our forum that prevents the uploading of attachments to posts.
      Non of the members have been able to upload anything reliably for quite some time.

When uploading a photo to a post the browser address line shows the following address if the upload is going to be successful .....
      205004.homepagemodules.de/msg.php?forum=14&Thread=745459&msg=171356&prev=0&next=2135

And it shows this address if it is going to fail .....
      205004.homepagemodules.de/upload.php?unique=86a181a53a240-5b38a6e3582af&X-Progress-ID=1234

When an upload fails it is usually just three seconds after clicking "Upload" and we are taken to a page with this address ....
      205004.homepagemodules.de/upload.php?unique=86a181a53a240-5b38a8a4c54f0&X-Progress-ID=1234

When uploading to the picture gallery, which is always successful, we see this address ....
      205004.homepagemodules.de/gallery_edit.php?cid=83&upload_pics&X-Progress-ID=5b38a75f1f863

Upload to a post fails almost every time we try therefore it took many attempts for me to get all the address lines listed above.
      I hope this information is of use to you in fixing the problem.

Regards
      Voltman 205004

• Voltman has written a new post "Unable To Attach Images To Posts." 05.23.2017

Hello,

We are still having difficulty attaching images to our posts.
      This morning an attempt to do so has taken me to a 404 page with this error message.

Oje ... hier wurde nichts gefunden! (Error 404)
      >> h t t p : / / 205004.homepagemodules.de/upload.php?unique=86a163a76a171-5923ecaab5e4e&X-Progress-ID=1234 <<

Regards
      Voltman

• Voltman has written a new post "Unable To Attach Images To Posts." 04.30.2017

Hello Ingmar,

Thank you for your attentions and the explanation. The original (decimal pointed) figure of 2.452Mb misled me as I assumed it meant 2.5Mb as opposed to 2.5Gb, neither figure being believable I guessed it was probably meant to be 245Mb.

After downloading all of our images, I found that attachments alone amounted to over 1Gb, which was a big surprise.
      I subsequently trimmed a lot of old large files from the forum but the facility to upload new files still isn't working correctly.

I use Firefox 46.0.1 and Safari 10.1 on a MAC and know that other users are using MS IE on mostly Windows 10 machines.

This morning I successfully attached a 10Kb PNG, and a 163Kb JPG, using both browsers, but couldn't reliably repeat the exercise, most later attempts finally ending in Error 404 with this detail...
      >> 205004.homepagemodules.de/upload.php?unique=86a168a101a68-5905babaad5c1&X-Progress-ID=1234 <<

Regards
      Voltman

• Voltman has written a new post "War Game Pop-ups" 04.02.2017

Hello Alice,

Screenshots are not forthcoming from the affected members but I have managed to attract the pop ups on my Android tablet, while not logged in.

The source of the adverts is: http: //img.sponsorads.de/global/rotate.php?
      The delta wars ad shows the postscript: goto=5&r=delta_wars&s=

This seems to be Xobor's doing.

The use of an X in the top right corner is very sneaky. Most people take it to be a close button but it actually opens the advertised site in a new tab or window.
      Some of the pop ups have no obvious way of closing them.

Regards
      Voltman

• Voltman has written a new post "War Game Pop-ups" 03.17.2017

Thanks Alice.

That does seem to indicate that the members concerned probably do not have Adware infections.
      "Full screen" pop-ups seem to be a bit much though, one member has trouble taking them down, perhaps the exit buttons are not visible enough.

regards
      Voltman

• Voltman has written a new post "War Game Pop-ups" 03.15.2017

Hello Alice,

I understand the advertising element of the forum but this new full screen annoyance has never been seen before this last week.
      In fact I was not aware of Xobor using "pop-ups" at all.
      Should I tell the members that it is Xobors new advertising ploy?

Until now I have been suggesting they have Adware or Malware issues. A situation which upgrading the forum would not resolve.

Voltman

• Voltman has written a new post "Members Posts Search Facility Is Not Working" 05.16.2014

I was using "Search for posts from userxy" and getting the message previously mentioned.
      This search is now working correctly as is the main forum search box.

Does the search facility use Java on the users PC?

• Voltman has written a new post "Search Function" 05.02.2014

The same message is still coming up when searching for a members posts from the members profile page.
      2nd May 2014

Regards,
      Voltman

Recipient
Voltman
Subject:

text:
{[userbook_noactive]}

disconnected Support-Forum Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor